Effective Date: July 1, 2020
- What Information Is Collected by LowerMyPayments.com and How Is It Used?
Optional Services. If a Site user seeks to compare insurance rates and obtain competitive insurance quotes, the user will be asked to input Personal Information necessary for insurance providers to provide initial insurance quotes, including zip code, marital status, general credit score range, home ownership status, insurance status, health conditions, tobacco use, prior traffic accidents or criminal conviction history, and birthday as relevant to the applicable insurance policy quote requested (auto, home, or health insurance). Contact information such as name, address, phone number and email is also requested both for quote generation, communication and marketing purposes consistent with applicable opt-in, opt-out, and consent verification options.
Cookies: LowerMyPayments.com utilizes cookie technology to gather information on internet use in order to serve you more effectively. As described below, LowerMyPayments.com also utilizes third party analytics services which may also use tracking cookies to provide information about the use of our Site. Users can set their browser to remove or reject cookies utilized by the Site. Users may also opt-out from receiving targeted advertisements by visiting the (1) Network Advertising Consumer Opt-Out page, (2) Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out page, and/or (3) the opt-out provisions pertaining to the applicable advertising services/retargeting provider.
Service Provides: Personal information is processed by service providers who have contracted with LowerMyPayments.com to process personal information to provide the following services:
- Affiliate Tracking & Analytics. com utilizes Everflow for tracking, targeting, reporting and analytics relating to a user’s use of the Site and interaction with LowerMyPayments.com affiliate links posted on the site. Personal Information is processed pursuant to the Everflow Privacy DPA.
- Lead Optimization and Verified Consent by ActiveProspect Solutions. com utilizes LeadConduit to capture and filter leads for automated marketing purposes and TrustedForm to document consumer consent. Personal Information is processed in accordance with the ActiveProspect Data Processing Terms.
- Visitor Action Pixels. We may use “visitor action pixels” from Facebook on our Website. This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the Personal Data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy .
Site Hosting. LowerMyPayments.com utilizes a WordPress hosting solution managed by Kinsta. Personal Information is processed for purposes of providing the services in accordance with the contractual terms between LowerMyPayments.com and Kinsta. LowerMyPayments.com also utilizes Digital Ocean to facilitate its cloud hosting services.
- Phone Number Validation. com integrates an API from RealValidations, Inc. to enable it to validate phone numbers optionally provided by users on the Site. Information is processed by RealPhoneValidation.com for purposes of providing the services in accordance with the contractual terms between LowerMyPayments.com and RealValidations, Inc.
- Email Validation. com integrates an API from ZeroBounce to enable it to validate email addresses optionally provided by users on the Site. Information is processed by ZeroBounce.net for purposes of providing the services in accordance with the contractual terms between LowerMyPayments.com and ZeroBounce.
Third-Party Links. LowerMyPayments.com offers its users access relevant information from a wide variety of third-party links to enable users to access information directly from such third parties. LowerMyPayments.com has no control or responsibility for the data collection and privacy policies of the entities supporting the third-party links, and users should review the applicable privacy policies for more detail about information collected from these sites.
Other Potential Disclosures. Personal Information may be disclosed to serve our legitimate business interests as follows: (1) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, (2) if LowerMyPayments.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, (3) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (4) enforce our agreements with you, and/or (5) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you about law enforcement or court ordered requests for data unless otherwise prohibited by law.
Please see Section 5 for a more specific disclosure of the applicable categories of Personal Information collected and processed under the CCPA.
- Personal Information Shared and Sold by LowerMyPayments.com
When a user requests to obtain rate comparisons of its auto, home and health insurance policies, LowerMyPayments.com will share the Personal Information provided to enable such insurance companies to utilize Personal Information in generating requested insurance policy quotes and to provide users with relevant information about products and services. LowerMyPayments.com may receive a fee for the transfer of that data or if a user purchases a product or service from such third party insurance company.
California residents have the right to request that LowerMyPayments.com disclose the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected and sold and the right to direct us not to sell their “personal information” (“Right to Opt-Out”).
Requests to Know and to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information can be made by selecting the link below:
Request to Opt-Out – “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”
Please see Section 5 of this Notice and the hyperlinked CCPA Notice for additional information.
- How Does LowerMyPayments.com Comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and Other Privacy Regulations Relating to Children?
LowerMyPayments.com does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her minor child as defined by applicable privacy laws has provided Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact LowerMyPayments.com at email@example.com
LowerMyPayments.com will delete such Personal Information from our files within a commercially reasonable time, but no later than required under applicable law.
- How Long Does LowerMyPayments.com Retain Personal Information Collected?
Personal Information obtained from users will be maintained as long as it is necessary to provide requested communications and information-based services or until a user exercises the right to opt-out of requested communications or information-based services. Anonymized and pseudo-anonymized data will be retained as long as LowerMyPayments.com determines such data is commercially necessary for its legitimate business interests.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer’s Request to Know, Right to Delete, Right to Opt-Out of Sale Notices. For Information on your California Consumer Rights, please see: California Privacy Rights Notice (“Notice”)
A verifiable consumer request under this Section may be submitted to LowerMyPayments.com effective January 1, 2020 by emailing LowerMyPayments.com at privacy@LowerMyPayments.com, through applicable opt-out links, or as otherwise designated.
For each request, LowerMyPayments.com will initially verify the email address on file with the email address submitted in the applicable request. Further verification will be based upon confirmation of data correlating to information maintained by LowerMyPayments.com, as applicable. Users may designate an authorized agent to make a request on the user’s behalf. Requests by authorized agents are subject to additional verification requirements pursuant to the rules and regulations set forth in the CCPA. Please see the Notice for additional information.
- What is the LowerMyPayments.com Security Policy?
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration.
LowerMyPayments.com utilizes only PCI-DSS compliant third-party payment processors to ensure the security of your personal information.
- How Does the Site Respond To “Do Not Track” Signals?
“Do Not Track” is a feature enabled on some browsers that sends a signal to request that a website disable its tracking or cross-website user tracking. At present, the Site does not respond to or alter its practices when a Do Not Track signal is received.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding your Personal Information or about our privacy practices, please contact us at: LowerMyPayments.com, Inc., Attention: Privacy at
1968 S. Coast Hwy #2346
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
or by email at privacy@LowerMyPayments.com